Monday, July 7, 2014

A getaway in pictures…


 

     











The holiday was loads of fun. Between mine and my brothers family, we have nine kids under nine, so it has the potential to be a bit much, but it went so smoothly and we all had a blast being together. As you can see from the pictures, besides one or two excursions, we spent the majority of time swimming at the pool or the lake. My favorite evening was when we took the littles go carting. Let me tell you, if you have never taken a four year old go carting, do so now. It is hilarious, I think that's the hardest I've laughed in a long time. The fireworks were lots of fun too, this is the first year it ever occurred to me to bring ear plugs for the kids, and it made all the difference in the world. There was not one tear shed, simple enjoyment. The best part was Eleanor, I'm not sure if any of us actually watched the fireworks, she was just so darn cute. After every one she would ooh and aah, and clap. Oh my, I could have sat in that moment forever. It was a great time and so nice to be with family, looking forward to next year!

1 comment :