Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Faith…

Last week I had the scariest moment as a mother thus far. Zain had a small accident on his bicycle and  the series of events that happened next, and so quickly, were truly frightening. My adrenal was pumping, my heart pounding, and for the briefest of moments I wondered if we would be ok. Thankfully he is just fine, and more than likely I completely over-reacted, I'm sure Kaleb would have handled it so much more calmly. Never the less, I am still shaking.

Sometimes it hits you just how out of control you really are. There is so much as a parent that is so terrifyingly out of your hands, and for me that can be very hard to accept. I want to protect them, always. This is when my faith comes in, accepting that they were never really mine in the first place, and trusting that they are in the most capable hands of all.

This thing called parenthood… it is not for the faint of heart!

No comments :

Post a Comment