Thursday, September 25, 2014

my mister beggetio

My baby boy or maybe more appropriately, my little man, is turning six years old today. As a mother each birthday breaks my heart just the tiniest bit. I become frantic, scrambling. Seeking for some way to slow down time, or stop it altogether- just for a spell. To stay in this season, where I can hold them and touch their sweet faces. This span that he and I snuggle and explore and I am his world. 

I do realize though the beauty that comes with the evolution. The changing of babe to boy to man. To watch them grow and change, to get to be a spectator, to play a role in his story- it is an honor beyond comprehension.

This kid is good. He is kind and incredibly sensitive. To guard his heart you must tread lightly and handle him with ease and grace. He is rough and tumble, full of never ceasing energy and excitement. He is brave and adventurous, shy and reserved. 

Zain means 'light of God' and he is just that- a light to all who meet him. Happy Birthday my sweet boy, I will love you always.










18 comments :

  1. Happy birthday to him! Adorable child!
    Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to the little man. They do grow up fast, eh?

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful post. Happy Birthday to him! [The surfing photo is sooooo cool!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy birthday to your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your little man!
    He's so cute and I love his eyes, all your children have beautiful eyes.

    www.am-kubicowelove.blogspot.com

    love, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! Life does seem to speed up all the time, I'm with you, I'd love to slow it down. The pictures of your little baby growing into boyhood are so precious. So many wonderful memories present. Happy birthday to him!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those baby pics bring back some memories:) happy birthday zain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His name truly say it all. What a great kid! Love that Zain

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh! they grow up so fast, happy birthday to him! and he has the most beautiful eyes, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a pleasure seeing his photos and how he has grown so quickly! I hear parents, all the time, talk about how quickly their children are growing and I've never really gave it some thought because I don't have a child yet but I'm sure when that time comes, I'm going to weep like a baby as I watch them grow! Happy Belated Birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and happy birthday to your baby! Very nice pics!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4487669

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, little boy! I have been babysitting the same little boys for about two years now and it gets me every time I see them how much they grow up in the days since I last saw them. If only there was a spell, but, like you said, there is a new beauty in the days and moments to come that you do not want to miss out on.

    High Heels & Happy Feels

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone says they grow fast and the time passes you by but until your actually there you truly never believe them

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautifully written and he's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sweet! I love this! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to watch your babies grow up, but also the pride you must feel at the same time! Happy birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete