Tuesday, September 2, 2014

an iPhone and a holiday






We spent an idyllic day at the lake on Monday, basking in the sunshine and soaking up some family time. My parents rented a large pontoon boat and we jammed it full with 6 adults, 9 children, towels, life jackets, sandwiches, cookies and sunscreen. 

Aussie was the only one of mine who had been on a boat before, so they were beyond excited for this new nautical escapade. We cruised the lake looking for prime picnicking real estate all while letting the light freshwater spray cool us down. 

Before we could even entertain the thought of victuals, a little cliff jumping was in order. I was so proud of my little bugs! Without hardly even a hesitation they got right in there and jumped. 

It's been a while since I've been in adventure mode, I'm usually off feeding or rocking a baby somewhere, so when I got up my heart was seriously pounding, and it wasn't even that high.

We ate and swam, snooped around secluded beaches which we gave proper pirate names like cutthroat island and bloodfists battleground. Sweet little Eleanor slept dreamily as we coasted around new bends to see what lie ahead. Isaac continually at the helm on lookout duty. All set to a chorus of "let it go" sang by little voices blending into the wind. 

We headed home as the sun was setting, weary from the water, and just a little pink. A pile of neat stones and chapped lips our tokens of the day. 

The wild ones hearts were soaring at their own bravery and a day spent with cousins and grandparents. We all fell fast asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows still swaying softly to the push and pull of the water.


14 comments :

  1. Elle is getting to be such a big girl standing tall in the water. Love the jumping pictures. What a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing moments of a sweet vacation
    xxx
    Mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photography aside, I could picture every word. What a fun day, makes me want to get out of the water.

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment.
    I wish you a beautiful day
    Kisses
    Maggie
    The Indian Savage Diary Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some fab photos! Loving those pirate names too. This is absolutely something I'd like to do with my kids some day.

    Jemima x
    www.jemimajaneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have beautiful kids! I love these pictures. Do you use a particular app to edit your iPhone photos? Thanks! -Sarah

    www.sarahrunyon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost always use vsco app, and I love it! It's really easy to edit, and gorgeous filters.

      Delete
  7. this is such a beautiful photo story, the photos are so ethereal. what app do you use to make your collages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to make collages, but oh how I wish I did, I just do it on blogger, and manipulate the sizes. It's a bit of a challenge! If you know of an easier way, my I would love to know! Love you blog also, it's lovely!

      Delete
  8. Your kids are real angels :3

    http://voxofvanity.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness. Your pictures are incredible. Just INCREDIBLE. (Oh, and thanks for stopping by my little ol' blog!)

    ReplyDelete